Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

My poor mom doesn't get much credit or recognition around our house. My brother was born on her birthday, so she has to share a birthday, and Mother's Day has fallen on my birthday numerous times, and if it is not on my actual birthday, then it falls right around then and the family is focused on me. Oops. So this post is to give Mom a little recognition. 

I am very fortunate in the fact that I have grown up with my mom around all the time. When I was born she started working part-time and when I was still little she started working from home. My mom homeschooled me from the time I was in kindergarten until I started high school. That is a feat in and of itself, because I wouldn't have wanted to deal with the boys and I for 24/7. But she did that for us, to ensure that we were safe and loved and received a good education. My mom works three jobs and is so daggum tired that she goes to bed at 8:30 every night. Neither of my brothers drive, so she drives them around to all of their activities and school, and she did the same for me before I got my license. 

Mom is one of the most selfless people I know :: She loves her some coca-cola and some Big Bang Theory :: Mom loves to watch and talk about soccer, and the Braves are her favorite :: She loves her family, her jobs, and Jesus :: She diagrams sentences in her head when she reads :: She loves the mountains and hates missing our activities :: She loves Candy Crush and Frozen Free Fall :: She has a Book of Life where she writes grocery lists and plans and everything else down :: She is one of the strongest people I know :: 

I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day. 

Always,

Caroline 


No comments:

Post a Comment